The Roofing Alliance has announced the recipients of its Melvin Kruger Endowed Scholarship for the 2023-24 academic year.
This year’s new scholarship recipients are:
- Evan Cady, son of Traci Cady, office manager for J&S Building Exteriors Inc., Attleboro, Mass.
- Aidan Carpenter, construction management student at North Carolina State University, Raleigh
- Cecelia Krumholz, daughter of Erik Krumholz, senior field consultant for Tremco Inc., Beachwood, Ohio
- Piper Lewis, daughter of Charles Lewis, project manager for Commonwealth Building Systems, Rockland, Mass.
- Marena Malone, daughter of Rica Malone, national account service representative for Centimark Corp., Canonsburg, Pa.
- Brayden Morford, son of Robert Morford, senior chemist for Soprema, Wadsworth, Ohio
- Michael Nwaigbo, construction management student at University of Illinois Chicago
- Alexis Petty, daughter of Jammie Petty, administrative specialist for Beacon, Herndon, Va.
- Hannah Redding, daughter of Lorie Redding, business manager for Tecta America East-Glen Rock, Glen Rock, Pa.
- Kennedy Stockton, construction management student at University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The Melvin Kruger Endowed Scholarship Program, which permanently replaced the Roofing Alliance’s previous scholarship program in 2008, provides recipients with $5,000 per year based on eligibility for up to four years of enrollment at an accredited college, university or vocational-technical school. Employees of NRCA contractor and supplier members, their spouses and their dependent children are eligible to participate in this program provided they intend to pursue a career in the roofing or construction industries.
In addition, the Roofing Alliance renewed six Melvin Kruger Endowed Scholarships for the 2023-24 academic year. The recipients include:
- Caylin Angel, who is attending Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, Pa.
- Cole Beyer, who is attending University of Minnesota: Twin Cities, Minneapolis
- Zackary Cekalla, who is attending University of Minnesota Duluth
- Cade Edwards, who is attending Boyce College, Louisville, Ky.
- Davis Edwards, who is attending Huntingdon College, Montgomery, Ala.
- Julia Shanahan, who is attending Drexel University, Philadelphia
The Roofing Alliance awarded $50,000 for scholarship renewals and $30,000 for new scholarships for a total of $80,000 for the 2023-24 school year. To date, 159 students have received $1 million in scholarship awards.